January 13, 2014

Finished Tech Wraith

All painted up and ready to serve the twisted masters of the Dark Mechanicus. I figure that these guys were probably minor hereteks who displeased or failed their masters and were turned into higher-functioning servitors. "Blessed" with more complex sentient machine spirits, they act as hunter-killers and guards for the fallen Magos.






And here are some WIP shots of his new partner in heresy:






I made the second Wraith much like the first with only a few changes. Mixed up the arms for a different pose and gave him a flamer and chainsword hands. A different servo skull head with carefully repositioned cables and a different mix of skull trophies and dangling chains helped create a unique look of movement for this guy as well. Where the first Wraith has a more precise and spidery look to him, this one is more of a menacing whirlwind of fire and chain teeth.

Alas it has been really hard to find good weather to prime my new models in so I have no idea when I'll be able to paint him... Guess I'll just have to build more guys... ;)

No comments: